Wednesday, June 25, 2014

No White Diet

I'm baaaack! I thought I had given up on this blog. But I love food too much to not tell people about it. It's hilarious to look back at my 10 posts from 2012. That was only 2 years ago and yet it was 2 years ago! If you know what I mean. Time flew by and yet I don't feel any older in some ways. C'est la vie.

Also, funny that I stopped my "2012 Cupcake Craze" challenge that I gave myself after about 3 recipes in. Woops.

So. I am home for the summer from BYU and my mom is supposed to try a "No White Diet"that should be an anti-inflammatory diet to help arthritis. My dad is instructed by his doctors to have a very low carb diet for health reasons in general. SO.... I'm trying new foods and recipes that have no white sugar, no white flour, and are low in carbs. 


And here's what I got so far!


Veggie egg scramble



Basically just eggs, tomatoes, bell peppers, white onion, and celery. Topped with feta cheese and garnished with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro, served with avocado and watermelon :) YUM! 

On another note, vegan chocolate chip cookies from Trader Joe's are THE BOMB! As well as European style chocolate yogurt (best with no mix-ins though). 




No comments:

Post a Comment