Thursday, August 14, 2014

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert.

Well today I decided was a cooking day. So here's what I got:


Yummy, simple, classic. The best part is you can freeze them by wrapping each individual muffin in saran wrap! Perfect for a college student with busy mornings, late mornings, and mornings where you forget what day it is because your alarm didn't go off at the right time and you realize you've already missed a class. Whoops. 




I love this recipe! Thanks to Christina, I had two zucchinis to use. I used ground turkey instead of ground chicken, and it was delish!! I chose to eat them at this particular meal as an open-faced burger/sandwich thing. You could just as well eat them plain or dipped in ketchup/chili sauce! I just made a few for myself and froze the rest of the mixture to fry later. Also perfect for a college student who needs a quick and light lunch before classes.



I recently read something on pinterest that suggested you not eat carbs after lunch, so I decided to try it. Instead of making a wrap with a tortilla or a sandwich or pasta, I just pulled one porkchop for myself out of the freezer, browned it on both sides butterfly-style, put some chopped onions in the pan, mixed a little dijon mustard, italian dressing and black pepper and put it over the top to cook until the meat was done. I used some of the extra sauce to dip my meat in afterwards, because as my sister says, "I'm a sauce girl".  It's a single serving miracle! Of course, you can make it for multiple people but you easily adjust it to feed one. It's quick and much more filling than cereal for dinner. But of course, we've all done it. Don't be ashamed. :) 


Banana Chocolate Delights 


I have wayyyy more bananas than I could ever use by myself, so I sliced two bananas in coins, put them on a cookie sheet, spread peanut butter on every other slice and made a sandwich with the other half. I melted some semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave with just a smidge of butter and attempted to dip each one fully in the chocolate, but then I got lazy and impatient and just dipped one side in. But hey, it's less calories that way, right?! 

I put my banana snacks in a tupperware in the freezer to eat whenever I'm craving something sweet! Small portions for the win! 






No comments:

Post a Comment