Saturday, August 2, 2014

Chicken, green beans, and pretty nails!

Well. I made super easy Crockpot Hawaiian chicken over rice in the crockpot! I used instant rice. Why in the world would you could regular rice when you have instant. That's like deciding to take a horse and buggy to work instead of driving a car.

Anyways, This recipe calls for Hawaiian style BBQ sauce from Target, and since we don't HAVE a Target in Santa Barbara (grumble grumble) I decided to just improvise (with help from the internet) and make some using regular BBQ sauce. It was a little heavy on the teriyaki side, but it was still good. I basically mixed BBQ sauce, teriyaki glaze/marinade, a little garlic, a little ginger, and pineapple juice.

Also, the recipe says you can add chopped onion and green bell pepper, and you should. It's good.

These green beans were the agreed favorite part of the meal. These Buttery Garlic Green Beans are light and simple. Lovely accompaniment to any chicken dish. Get the recipe here.
My talented artistic friend Natalie painted my nails with SUNFLOWERS on them! I love it! She does all these crazy designs free hand with like a paper clip or a mechanical pencil. Talent people. So naturally I attempted artzy pics, cause we happened to have sunflowers.

Also, this.

Heres my virtual support to all my dieting friends and/or those currently struggling with that demon called "self control" (me). 

TTFN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment